Education to Employment Partners, a 501©3 non-profit community-based organization, leads the Regional P-16 Council. The 2021-2026 Strategic Plan of this P-16 Council sets long-term direction and should be changed only after significant deliberation. Strategies, however, should be adjusted as required to achieve desired goals and outcomes.
We envision an equitable future in which all Coastal Bend residents place a high value on post-secondary education as a means of achieving individual career success and regional economic growth.
The mission of the Regional P-16 Council is to promote seamless education pathways for all learners – pre-kindergarten through postsecondary education – that ensure college and career readiness for students within the Coastal Bend region.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES/CORE VALUES
- Collaboration. We believe that education is a collaborative activity and responsibility requiring the involvement of community stakeholders to provide leadership, direction and participation.
- Cooperation. We believe that success for our community can be attained by working together for the common purpose of educational excellence and career success. A thriving community depends on individual organizations working cooperatively to achieve regional economic growth.
- Integrity. We believe that integrity demands courage and transparency. The advancement of organizational objectives and community goals requires steadfast consistency in principles, plans, and actions.
- Excellence. We believe that excellence is achieved through best practices and continuous improvement informed by data, reason, and experience.
- Inclusion We believe that inclusion requires organizational culture and talent development that understands, values, and promotes equitable access to education and career opportunities for all individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, or socio-economic background.
GOALS AND STRATEGIES
In support of the state’s higher education goal, that 60 percent of Texans ages 25-34 will have a certificate or degree by 2030, the following goals and strategies have been established:
Goal 1: Students will graduate from high school informed, inspired, and prepared for postsecondary education and careers.
Strategy 1.1 Promote alliances among educational providers to share effective practices in the improvement of student performance and elimination of achievement gaps.
Strategy 1.2 Examine various sources of baseline data sets to determine achievement gaps and develop solutions.
Strategy 1.3 Provide postsecondary and career information to PK-16 students and educators.
Strategy 1.4 Promote student enrollment in challenging courses, including college preparatory courses.
Goal 2: Coastal Bend families, organizations and businesses will collaborate to promote educational success resulting in a thriving economy.
Strategy 2.1 Coordinate with stakeholders and organization leaders in the region to provide college and career readiness information and resources to families.
Strategy 2.2 Engage business leaders as partners in P-16 events and activities.
Strategy 2.3 Support the community-based center to connect residents with education and career resources.
Strategy 2.4 Develop presentations for use throughout the region on the work of the P-16 Council and ways business can be involved to improve educational and job attainment in the Coastal Bend.
Strategy 2.5 Collect and use data to drive decisions and create a compelling message about the importance of education to individuals, businesses, and the community.
Strategy 2.6 Develop seamless, guided pathways leading to postsecondary success and meaningful employment.